The change in the kinetics of hydration of a silicate binding mix containing the belite phase of slag at the initial stages of hardening with the use of micro-calorimetry method has been studied. The low hydraulic activity of the belite phase of slag under the natural conditions of hydration has been established. The level and conditions of the preliminary lime slaking significantly influence on the velocity and intensity of the hydration reaction of a lime-slag binder. The reasonability of increasing the reaction activity of a raw mix of the binder due to the preliminary sulfate activation of lime with possible acceleration of processes of the hydration of slag belite phase is shown. In the complex, the use of the proposed methods will make it possible to replace the cement in the composition of the raw mix of gas concretes by steel-smelting slag, to regulate the processes of hydration of the binder for combining the structure formation and gas release of cellular concrete mix when developing highly efficient construction materials.
1 Belgorod State Technological University named after V.G. Shukhov (46, Kostyukov Street, Belgorod, 308012, Russian Federation)
2 Institute of Chemistry and Technology of Rare Elements and Mineral Raw Materials named after I.V.Tananaev of the Kola Science Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences (26a, «Academic Town», Apatity, 184209, Murmansk region, Russian Federation)
1. Sheichenko M.S., Karatsupa S.V., Yakovlev E.A., Shapovalov N.N., Bogusevich V.A., Shadsky E.E. Extraction as method of efficiency enhancement of industrial raw application as component in composite binders. Vestnik Belgorodskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnologicheskogo universiteta im. V.G. Shukhova. 2014. No. 1, pp. 16–21. (In Russian).
2. Alfimova N.I., Shapovalov N.N. Autoclave materials with using of industrial aluminosilicates. Fundamental’noe Issledovanie. 2013. No. 6. Part. 3, pp. 525–529. (In Russian).
3. Shapovalov N.A., Zagorodnuk L. Kh.Tikunova I.V., Shekina A.Y. Rational ways of application of steelmaking slags. Fundamental’noe Issledovanie. 2013. No. 1, pp. 439–443. (In Russian).
4. Lesovik V.S., Ageeva M.S., Ivanov A.V. Granullated slags in composite binder production. Vestnik Belgorodskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnologicheskogo universiteta im. V.G. Shukhova. 2011. No. 3, pp. 29–32. (In Russian).
5. Shilova I.A. Energy saving and quality enhancement of cement clinker by using of slag-chalk-lime mixture. Uspekhi v khimiii i khimicheskoy tekhnologii. 2008. No. 7 (87). Vol. 22, pp. 63–68. (In Russian).
6. Klassen V.K., Shilova I.A., Tekucheva E.V. Features of clinker formation processes and cement hydration when using of steelmaking slag and partially decarbonized chalk as raw components. Tekhnika i tekhnologiya silikatov. 2007. No. 2, pp. 2–10. (In Russian).
7. Shilova I.A. Energy saving and quality enhancement of cement clinker by using of slag-chalk-lime component. Cand. Diss. (Engineering). Belgorod. 2007. 153 pp. (In Russian).
8. Kudeyarova N.P., Gostishcheva M.A. Hydration activity of minerals in steelmaking slags under autoclave treatment. Stroitel’nye Materialy [Construction Materials]. 2007. No. 8, pp. 34–35. (In Russian).
9. Gostishcheva M.A., Kudeyarova N.P. Activation of hydration process of belite phase in steelmaking slags under hydrothermal treatment. Uspekhi v khimiii i khimicheskoy tekhnologii. 2008. Vol. 22. No. 7 (87), pp. 77–80. (In Russian).
10. Zeifman M.I. Izgotovlenie silikatnogo kirpicha i silikatnykh yacheistykh materialov [Production of silicate brick and silicate cellular materials]. Moscow: Stroyisdat. 1990. 184 pp.
11. Fomina E.V., Strokova V.V., Altynnik N.I., Bukha-lo A.B. Regulation ofrheological characteristics of binder when formation of cellular structure of autoclave products. Stroitel’nye Materialy [Construction Materials]. 2011. No. 9, pp. 33–35. (In Russian).
12. Fomina E.V., Strokova V.V., Kudeyarova N.P. Features of usage of preliminary lime slacking in cellular autoclave concretes. Izvestiya vuzov. Stroitel’stvo. 2013. No. 5 (653), pp. 29–34. (In Russian).
13. Fomina E.V., Kudeyarova N.P. Strength of blended binder based on preliminary slacked lime and rock gypsum. Izvestiya vuzov. Severo-Kavkazkiy region. Tekhnicheskie nauki. 2006. No. 6, pp. 17–19. (In Russian).
14. Fomina E.V., Strokova V.V., Kozhukhova M.I. Effect of Previously Slacked Lime on Properties of Autoclave Composite Binders. World Applied Sciences Journal. 2013. Vol. 24. No. 11, pp. 1519–1524.