1 D. Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology of Russia (9, Miusskaya Square, Moscow, 125047, Russian Federation)
2 Research Institute “Environmental Industrial Policy Centre” (42, Olimpiyskiy Avenue, Mytishchi, 141006 Russian Federation)
3 South Ural Mining and Processing Company LLC (5, Zapad street (5 TER.), Novotroitsk, 462360, Russian Federation)
4 Honeygate Consultants (UPM) Limited (6, Canterbury Avenue, Upminster, RM14 3LD, UK)
2. Best Available Techniques (BAT) reference document for the production of cement, lime and magnesium oxide. Seville: publications office of the European union. 2013. 475 p. https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/publication/reference-reports/best-available-techniques-bat-reference-document-production-cement-lime-and-magnesium-oxide DOI: 10.2788/12850 (Date of access 22.06.2020).
3. Valderrama C., Granados R., Cortina J. L., Gasol C. M., Guillem M., Josa A. Implementation of best available techniques in cement manufacturing: a life-cycle assessment study. Journal of Cleaner Production. 2012. Vol. 25. No. 4, pp. 60–67. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2011.11.055
4. Guseva T.V., Potapova E.N., Tikhonova I.O. Transfer to BAT-related regulation: perspective and challenges for cement producers. Tsement i ego primenenie. 2018. No. 6, pp. 34–38. (In Russian).
5. Guseva T.V., Zakharov A.I., Molchanova Ya.P., Vartanian М.А., Akberov А.А. The best accessible technologies of ceramic building materials production as an instrument of ecological regulation of the industry. To the publication of the industry information-technical reference guide «Manufacture of Ceramic Products» ITS 4. Stroitel’nye Materialy [Construction Materials]. 2016. No. 4, pp. 4–9. (In Russian).
6. Andrew R.M. Global CO2 emissions from cement production. Earth System Science Data. 2018. No. 10, pp. 195–217. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5194/essd-10-195-2018.
7. Tikhonova I., Guseva T., Potapova E. Cement production in Russia: best available techniques and opportunities for using alternative fuels. Proceedings of the 19th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Geoconference SGEM. 2019. Vol. 19. Iss. 5.1, pp. 71–80. DOI: 10.5593/sgem2019/5.1/S20.009.
8. Guseva T., Vartanyan M., Tikhonova I., Shchelchkov K. Setting energy efficiency enhancement objectives for Russian energy intensive industries. Procedia Environmental Science, Engineering and Management. 2019. Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 619–628.
9. Baidy R., Ghosh S.K., V. Parlikar U. Co-processing of industrial waste in cement kiln – a robust system for material and energy recovery. Procedia Environmental Sciences. 2016. Vol. 31, pp. 309–317. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proenv.2016.02.041
10. Irungu S.N., Muchiri P., Byiringiro J.B. The generation of power from a cement kiln waste gas: a case study of a plant in Kenya. Energy Science and Engineering. 2017. Vol. 5(2), pp. 90–99. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/ese3.153
11. Scrivenera K.L., John V.M., Gartner E.M. Eco-efficient cements: potential economically viable solutions for a low-CO2 cement-based materials industry. Cement and Concrete Research. 2018. Vol. 114, pp. 2–26. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconres.2018.03.015.
12. Provis J.L., Juenger M., Komljenovic M. (Eds). Innovation in cements for sustainability. 2020. Lausanne: Frontiers Media SA. 119 p. doi: 10.3389/978-2-88963-346-3
13. Potapova E.N., Volosatova М.А. Cement production. Encylopaedia of technologies. Evolution and comparative analysis of resource efficiency of industrial technologies / Ed. by Skobelev D.О. Мoscow-Saint Petersburg: Renome, 2019, pp. 455–514. (In Russian).
14. Sivkov S.P. Perspective cement types: what will be used instead of Portland cement. Mezhdunarodnoe Analiticheskoe Obozrenie Alitinform: Tsement. Beton. Sukhie Smesi. 2017. Vol. 48. No. 4–5, pp. 40–48. (In Russian).
15. Skobelev D.O. Environmental industrial policy: main trends and establishment principles in Russia. Vestnik Moskovskogo Universiteta. Seriya 6: Ekonomika. 2019. No. 4, pp. 78–94. (In Russian).
16. Skobelev D.O. Resource efficiency of an economy: aspects for strategic planning. Menedzhment v Rossii i za Rubezhom. 2020. No. 4, pp. 37–42. (In Russian).
17. Voluntary national review for achieving sustainable development goals // Official website of the Analytical Center for the Government of the Russian Federation https://ac.gov.ru/projects/project/dobrovolnyj-nacionalnyj-obzor-dostizenia-celej-ustojcivogo-razvitia-10 (Date of access 22.06.2020). (In Russian).
18. Dil’din A.N., Тrofimov Е.А., Tchumanov I.V. Improving deep processing methods for steelmaking waste. Part 1. Thermodynamic analysis. Izvestiya Vysshikh Uchebnykh Zavedenii. Chernaya Metallurgiya. 2017. Vol. 60. No. 1, pp. 5–12. (In Russian).
19. Morozov K.M., Il’ina I.S., Shilovsky V.A., Dergunov S.A. New horizons of cement production. Promyshlennoe i Grazhdanskoe Stroitel’stvo.2017. No. 11, pp. 77–80. (In Russian).
For citation: Potapova E.N., Guseva T.V., Tikhonova I.O., Kanishev A.S., Kemp R.G. Cement production: aspects of the resource efficiency enhancement and negative environmental impact reduction. Stroitel’nye Materialy [Construction Materials]. 2020. No. 9, pp. 15–20. (In Russian). DOI: https://doi.org/10.31659/0585-430X-2020-784-9-15-20