Wear of the Working Surfaces of Extruders in the Ceramic Industry
- Number of journal:
Clay raw materials, being a highly abrasive material, contribute to the strong wear of the working parts of the extruder, mainly the screws, which in turn affects the quality of the beam and the operating costs for the maintenance of the forming machine. The article analyzes the results of studying the working bodies of screw extruders under operating conditions with various types of protective coatings used by “Handle Ural” LLC, and shows the influence of the screw geometry on the quality of the molded timber and final products. The experience of the workshop of LLC “Handle Ural” in the restoration of screws proves the importance of a professional and highly technological approach to the booking of screws with wear-resistant materials. The qualitative values of the dependence of the operating costs for the restoration of the fast-wearing parts of the extruder on the quality of the application of protective materials are obtained.
V.Yu. KUZMIN, Director
LLC “Hendle Ural” (141, 39b Komsomolsky Prospect, Chelyabinsk, Chelyabinsk Oblast, 454138, Russian Federation)
1. Sevostyanov M.V., Dubinin N.N., Mikhailichen-ko S.A. Investigation of the conditions of the charge movement in the press-roll extruder. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Stroitel’stvo. 2005. No. 1 (553), pp. 120–124. (In Russian).
2. Ilyevich A.P. Investigation of the influence of design parameters of the main parts of a paddle belt press on the efficiency of its work. Dis ... Candidate of Sciences (Engineering). 1954. (In Russian).
3. Parke D.C., Hill M.D. Screw design and characteristic controls for belt presses. Journal of the American Ceramic Society. 1959. No. 1. (In Russian).
4. Fadeeva V.S., P.P. Forming organs of the belt press. Steklo i Keramika. 1956. No. 7, pp. 16–23. (In Russian).
5. Koroteev V.V. Improving the performance of screw presses for ceramic products. Dis ... Candidate of Sciences (Engineering), 1985.192 p.(In Russian).
For citation: Kuzmin V.Yu. Wear of the working surfaces of extruders in the ceramic industry. Stroitel’nye Materialy [Construction Materials]. 2021. No. 4, pp. 25–28. (In Russian). DOI: https://doi.org/10.31659/0585-430X-2021-790-4-25-28